Saturday, February 28, 2009

How's the weather ?

Welcome Reader

As my first post I would like to describe why I chose the title and what this blog is all about, so first off the title "My 4 Kilobytes Worth" is derived from the Idiom "My 2 Cents Worth" which is means to state ones opinion,  though some speculate that it orignated from the 16th Century British expression "penny for your thoughts", nowadays it is a way to state your opinion in a humble and polite way, which my intention is with this blog.

Now probably you would be wondering what is with the 4KB replacing the 2 Cents, well I do not want to go too deep in the technology background to this, but I will briefly scratch the surface of it, in the big-ass computer environment called Mainframes, it has actually been successfully handling huge workloads of data since the 1960's,  while interacting only with 4KB of memory of the Processor, Virtual and Auxialliary Memory. So with such an little memory big systems, like we have in banks or telecommunications, are secured that their systems will run efficiently and reliably. So in the world where the Roadrunner ( Beep - Beep ) has 1,099,511,627,776 bytes of memory, it shows how powerful and reliable the 4KB memory scheme still is.

Hence stating my thoughts & opinions in a humble and polite manner yet trying to be powerful with the message, lesson or importance you'll be walking away with. This blog will be a personal one, ranging from topics such as Travel, Food, Technology, to Politics, Human Rights, and other World news, actually blogging on almost anything on the mind of this Nomad's Dog ( that's for another post though). I consider myself a citizen of the world therefore I will always be unbiased on any topics I will be posting, and ofcourse will receive evey comment with "an Open Mind and a Loving Heart". 

Later, Reader.


1 comment: